ABOUT THE PROJECT
The issues with this bathroom was clear.
1. Tile work was a mess…discoloration, uneven grid work, and paint remnants meant everything needed to go.
2. Storage was non-existent. Did that vanity come off the factory like that way or was it hacked together at some point!?
3. The overall feel was out of sync with the couple’s style – a point of distraction in an otherwise crisp home.
1. Remove the tub and replace with a glass shower.
2. Achieve a clean and consistent look with beautiful materials and a crisp, light color palette.
3. Make the most of the small space with significantly expanded vanity storage.
A clean subway tile provided a backdrop for a ton a Carrara Marble highlights including hexagonal floor tiles, herringbone wall tile, vanity top, window frame, shower curb and on and on! During demolition an exposed pipe was discovered that could not be moved. We were able to hide it in a convenient shower ledge that doubles as a perfect leg rest, which of course we topped in marble!